With SAP Fiori 2.0, SAP has taken its commitment to the user experience to the next level. It has been providing employees with the opportunity to make use of simple, personalized and responsive business tools that can function equally well across all devices.
Amongst the new applications offered as part of the Fiori 2.0 suite are:
- Transaction apps that allow users to perform functions such as creating administrative requests, and confirming approvals, on desktop or mobile.
- Highly detailed fact sheets that provide on-to-go details about vital business elements, also allowing users the ability to examine related information.
- Analytical apps that allow users to delve into in-depth performance indices and other metrics that measure the effectiveness and efficiency of business processes.
While these, complex technological innovations certainly have the ability to optimize your business their effectiveness is based entirely on how your employees are able to make use of them. Here are some best practices for getting the most utility out of SAP Fiori 2.0.
Get Familiar with SAP Fiori Design Guidelines
A large part of the success of Fiori is built on its consistent design principles. In order to make best use of the different application types it’s important that you aware of these.
- SAP has separated the different transactions that were once bundled together, offering each individual transaction in a different interactive application. That only presents the most relevant information to users.
- Because Fiori is built on the underlying SAP HANA platform, applications respond more quickly than ever before.
- SAP has also simplified the interface to make it even easier for users by restricting each use case to 1 user across 3 screens.
- All Fiori apps are provided in the same language to ensure a seamless experience across all devices; it is also designed to integrate with ECC 6.0 in order to ease deployment on existing SAP systems.
Make Sure You’ve Read the SAP Notes before Implementation
Without reading the notes you may find yourself constantly troubleshooting, trying to identify the reason why your apps aren’t working. While notes may take a week for your system admin to install, it will save you 2-3 weeks in time spent troubleshooting. You can speed up the process by checking with a Fiori consultant that should be able to guide you towards the right notes to install. If you can’t find what you’re looking for then don’t be afraid to make use of Google to locate bug fix notes.
Learn Some Basic Web Development Skills
In order to better understand the underlying behavior of custom-built Fiori applications it’s important that you have a working knowledge of basic coding. Resources such as Codeacademy, and Codeschool provide a good series of developmental courses that can help you better identify and manipulate the language and syntax of these apps.
Learn How to Use Browser Debuggers
For those of you who’ve spent time with SAP’S ABAP debugger, it’s important to get to know the web debuggers available. While most of you will be making use of Chrome dev tools, it doesn’t hurt to familiarize yourself with other tools such as Firebug for Firefox, and Safari Developer Tools.